Crane Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a crane accident in the city and are searching for an experienced construction accident lawyer in New York, the firm of Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye can explain your legal options and determine if you have a claim for damages.
Crane accidents often result in serious injury or even death. Moreover, like other construction accidents, they can be complicated cases to pursue because identifying the liable parties is not always a straightforward matter. If you are a construction worker, you may believe that you are only entitled to workman’s compensation. In many cases, workman’s comp may not be enough to cover the extensive injuries that you have suffered.
New York construction accident lawyers
Our attorneys know that filing a crane accident lawsuit is often possible as well, and that plaintiffs in such cases, whether construction workers or pedestrians unlucky enough to be in the crane’s path, have come away with multi-million dollar settlements or jury awards on many occasions.
Unlike smaller or less experienced firms, Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye understands the ins and outs of New York construction accident law to the extent that you can have the utmost confidence in our ability to go toe-to-toe with large corporations involved in the construction process and fight on your behalf.
We have been representing New Yorkers and Long Island residents since 1952 and have an aggressive and successful approach to litigation that will result in maximum compensation for you in a NYC court of law.
Crane accidents: causes and potential injuries
Crane accidents that result in death or injury can occur in many ways, including the following:
- Workers falling from extreme heights (falling from the crane, or struck by the crane so that they fall)
- Collapse or tipping of crane or building (resulting in falls or crushing of workers below)
- Being struck by falling objects (lifted by or dislodged by the crane)
- Electrocution (coming into contact with power lines or from the crane itself)
- Accidents during transportation of crane (falls, crushing accidents, being run over by transport vehicles)
These events, in turn, may have one or more of the following root causes:
- Inadequate training of crane operators or other employees
- Inadequate supervision, coordination, or communication on the site where the crane is being operated
- Problems with equipment, including faulty, damaged, or poorly designed cranes or other equipment
The scale of the equipment involved often results in fatal or extremely serious injuries for those involved. Some common crane accident injuries include:
- Back and spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Head injuries, including concussions and resulting damage to brain
- Amputated limbs or digits
- Injuries resulting from electrocution
The types of injuries resulting from a crane accident often mean that the quality of life of the injured party is seriously compromised and that he or she may not be able to work again. If you or a loved one are in this situation, talk to the lawyers at Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye about how a personal injury lawsuit may be able to help you recover compensation for lost wages and earning potential, medical expenses and expenses related to ongoing care, and pain and suffering.
If you have lost a loved one in a crane accident, a wrongful death lawsuit may be the next appropriate course of action for you and your family.
Crane accidents and NY liability issues
New York law stipulates that construction workers receive worker’s compensation for on-the-job injuries regardless of who was at fault. It is therefore not possible to sue your employer directly, regardless of the circumstances of the crane accident that caused your injury. Unfortunately, worker’s compensation is rarely sufficient to cover all of the expenses that a worker or his or her family will incur due to a serious crane accident or other construction-related injury.
Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye will pursue other avenues available to find relief from the crushing aftermath of a crane accident. Though it is not possible to sue your employer, there are often many more parties involved in construction accidents, including subcontractors, outside firms who train or supervise employees, or managers or architects of buildings involved in the accident that were not up to code. In the case of crane accidents in particular, equipment is quite often rented from another firm, which is responsible for the upkeep of its equipment.
It’s imperative that you partner with a firm that has the resources to identify all liable parties, and who will stand strong and come out winning in a case against powerful and well-financed construction companies. The NYC attorneys of Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye will not back down until you get maximum compensation for your injuries.
Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye: your success is our success!
New York crane accident lawsuits have frequently resulted in multimillion dollar settlements and jury awards. After two deadly crane accidents rocked the city in 2008, the city was hit with half a billion dollars worth of lawsuits. In 2012, settlements were reached with six families of construction workers who died in one of the worst crane accidents in Manhattan in March of 2008. The amount of the settlement has not been disclosed. More recently, a $1 million settlement was reached in a wrongful death suit involving a 30-year-old man who was killed when a frayed cable snapped, crushing him beneath a falling crane during an MTA construction project.
At Edelman, Krasin, & Jaye, we have over 50 years of experience representing New Yorkers in construction related accidents and can help you get the maximum settlement or verdict possible in a crane accident lawsuit. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning we receive no fees unless you obtain a settlement or verdict in your favor. Call us at 1-800-469-7429 for a free consultation with one of our construction accident lawyers. With Edelman, Krasin & Jaye, your success is our success!
- NY Daily News, Seven construction workers hurt after crane collapses onto Long Island City, Queens work site http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/crane-collapses-construction-workers-queens-article-1.1236637
- NY Daily News, Owners, operators at fault in scary spike in crane accidents http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/owners-operators-fault-scary-spike-crane-accidents-article-1.1243352
- NY Daily News, Parents of construction worker killed in crane accident given $1 million settlement http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-parents-construction-worker-killed-crane-accident-1-million-settlement-article-1.1431344
- NY Daily News, Construction workers’ families reach settlements in fatal 2008 crane accident in Manhattan http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/construction-workers-families-reach-settlements-fatal-2008-crane-accident-manhattan-article-1.1009191