Long Island Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Long Island personal injury attorneys representing victims of medical malpractice in Nassau County & Suffolk County, as well as all five boroughs of New York City.
Though New Yorkers enjoy among the best medical care and treatment facilities available anywhere in the world, the industry is not without its faults. And when mistakes happen, patients suffer. Edelman, Krasin & Jaye are leading Long Island medical malpractice lawyers committed to those who have been harmed at the hands of negligent healthcare professionals.
We pursue all forms of medical malpractice including:
- Doctor negligence
- Hospital negligence
- Surgical errors
- Pharmacy errors
- Nursing home abuse
- RSD & CRPS
Where do you turn when no one seems to listen?
We understand your frustration. You’ve called doctors, hospitals, nurses and medical staff members to no avail. All you wanted was an explanation, an apology, or acknowledgement of fault. Yet, time and time again, doors are closed in your face and calls go unanswered, leaving you no alternative but to seek legal recourse.
No one can get answers faster than a medical malpractice attorney with Edelman, Krasin & Jaye. We will help you get to the bottom of your case to get the facts. By law, you are entitled to receive information regarding injuries suffered at the hands of negligent medical professionals. If others are found liable, you may be entitled to financial compensation to cover the cost of your medical bills, disability, lost wages, emotional pain and suffering, and more.
New York is no stranger to medical malpractice
You are not alone in your suffering, though it may feel that way at times. Did you know that medical malpractice awards in New York State totaled roughly $690 million in 2013? By comparison, the state with the second-highest medical malpractice payouts was Pennsylvania, which saw $357 million awarded in 2013. In addition to the awards paid out, the NY Daily News recently reported that New York City hospitals paid out an astounding $131 million in medical malpractice settlements in 2013. Let Edelman, Krasin & Jaye seek the justice your family deserves.
Recent verdicts for NY medical malpractice lawsuits
There have been many winning cases of medical malpractice in New York:
- $62 million award – Stacey Galette received a large jury award when Winthrop University Hospital was found guilty of failing to detect a 5 mm hole in her colon following the removal of an ectopic pregnancy, which led to infection, a colostomy and the loss of both legs.
- $25 million award – Jaelin Sence was released by New York Methodist Hospital doctors less than 48 hours after birth, without proper examination or follow-up, even though the mother suspected the infant had jaundice. A jury determined that medical staff negligence led to the boy’s brain damage.
- $5.9 million award – The family of Manhattan cabbie Warren Jupiter won a lawsuit when a gastric leak went undetected for months because medical staff at the Manhattan VA hospital said the 550-pound man was “too fat” for routine CAT scan testing.
These are just a few of the successful cases that went to trial. Many more NY medical malpractice cases wind up settling outside of court to avoid lengthy high-profile litigation.
How to file a medical malpractice lawsuit on Long Island
You have grounds to sue for medical malpractice in Nassau or Suffolk County if:
- Your medical condition suddenly deteriorated while you were under the care of a doctor, nurse or hospital.
- A health care professional prescribed the wrong treatment, which led to complications.
- Errors made during surgery caused unnecessary pain and suffering.
- A doctor failed to diagnose your condition or provided an incorrect diagnosis.
- You were given an incorrect prescription to treat your ailment.
- Your infant was born with a deformity or defect that can be attributed to negligence.
- Medical staff acted outside what would be widely considered “the standard of care” for your procedure.
- It’s been less than 2.5 years (the New York statute of limitations) since the incident occurred.
What can a medical malpractice lawyer do for you?
Once you contact Edelman, Krasin & Jaye, we will:
- Listen to the full details surrounding your case
- Answer any questions you may have about your legal rights
- Conduct discovery to uncover obscured facts hidden in medical files
- Build a strong case, including witness testimony and carefully constructed arguments, that can win in court
- Meet with the opposing party on your behalf to negotiate an out-of-court settlement if possible
- Keep you updated on how the case is progressing and let you know when you can expect compensation
Looking for the best L.I. medical malpractice firm
You want to find medical malpractice attorneys with:
- Years of experience
- Specialization in medical malpractice
- A proven track record of winning
- Commitment to client satisfaction
It can be confusing trying to sort through the vast sea of medical malpractice attorneys out there. During your search, you want to look out for lawyers who ask for fees to consider your case. This is NOT the industry standard! You will also want to avoid inexperienced firms or attorneys that do not specialize in medical malpractice. Going up against hospitals and doctors is no easy task. It takes experienced veterans with access to their own team of medical experts to win these cases.
Why Edelman, Krasin & Jaye?
Medical malpractice attorneys from the Long Island law firm of Edelman, Krasin & Jaye have been representing local residents for over 62 years. Our highly credentialed, nationally recognized lawyers have represented cases from plaintiffs as far away as Florida and Nevada.
Our first concern is providing you with the personal attention you need to make it through this difficult time. We pride ourselves on accessibility and pledge to keep you updated every step of the way, so you’re never in the dark. Even after your case has been resolved, our lawyers check in with you to see how you’re faring.
Thanks to our aggressive litigation style, we have a longstanding history of winning successful medical malpractice cases. For instance, a Queens County medical center paid one of our clients $460,000 for a surgical error made during a dilation and curettage procedure.
While no amount of money can ever compensate for what you’ve been through, we are happy to give you the respect you deserve and help you restore your sense of dignity after getting the runaround from medical personnel. Victims of medical neligence often have a lot of questions regarding what happened to them. Do not hesitate to contact an NYC or Long Island medical malpractice lawyer at our firm to find the quickest path to getting the answers you deserve.
Keep in mind that we work on a contingency basis, meaning that you are not expected to pay any money up front. Should we secure a settlement or jury award for you, our pre-arranged commission comes from the final payout. Affordability should never be a concern for you. Call Edelman, Krasin & Jaye at 1.800.469.7429 for confidential assistance. Isn’t it about time you got someone on your side?
- Washington Post – New York Is The Clear Leader In Medical Malpractice Awards http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2014/03/15/map-new-york-is-the-clear-leader-in-medical-malpractice-awards/
- NY Daily News – Hospitals’ Malpractice Costs Drop By $3 Million http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hosps-131m-errors-malpractice-costs-drop-article-1.1456979#ixzz2fkuMO5pB
- Family Practice Management - Seven Reasons Family Doctors Get Sued and How to Reduce Your Risk - http://www.aafp.org/fpm/2003/0300/p29.html
- NY Daily News – Jury Awards $62 Million To Brooklyn Mom Who Lost Her Legs In Botched Procedure At Winthrop University Hospital http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/jury-awards-62-million-brooklyn-mom-article-1.1575800
- NY Daily News - Disabled Brooklyn boy awarded $25 million in untreated jaundice case against New York Methodist Hospital http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/methodist-hospital-malpractice-article-1.1522103