Personal Injury Lawyer New York
For more than 60 years, the Long Island personal injury lawyers at Edelman, Krasin & Jaye have provided professional and compassionate legal representation to accident victims and others who have suffered harm due to the negligence of another person or company. Our bustling practice has attracted talented injury attorneys NYC, Long Island and the rest of the Tri-State area can count on, with legal knowledge, experience, skills and maturity that are second to none.
Our team handles all manner of personal injury lawsuits due to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Product liability
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Medical malpractice
- Fallen tree cases
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
If you’ve been injured and overwhelmed with medical debt, Edelman, Krasin & Jaye is never more than a phone call away. As one of our clients, you will receive regular updates concerning your case every step of the way. You will always have instant access to your LI personal injury lawyers, who are happy to answer any questions you may have. This personalized attention is part of what sets our law firm apart from the rest.
Our approach to personal injury law
Your experience with Edelman, Krasin & Jaye begins with a sit-down consultation with a qualified personal injury attorney to go over your case in detail. We will fully investigate the event that caused your injury – interviewing witnesses, taking photographs, obtaining official documents, accessing medical records, and building your case. The defendant’s attorney will question you while under our supervision to file a deposition. We will conduct a similar interview with the defendant as well.
Sometimes we enter into out-of-court settlement negotiations, while other cases may go to trial. We never charge our personal injury clients any legal fees. Should we win the case for you, our fee is an agreed-upon percentage of the settlement or verdict.
Our New York personal injury settlements & verdicts
Here is a small sampling of cases that the NY personal injury attorneys at Edelman, Krasin & Jaye have won for our clients:
- $1.4 million verdict – wrongful death from electrocution at unsafe workplace
- $125,000 settlement – premises negligence from dog bite attack resulting in scars
- $350,000 settlement – defective parking lot slip and fall resulting in fractures
- $500,000 settlement – school negligence in case of child eye injury during shop class
- $3 million verdict – Bronx County workplace accident resulting in fractures & PTSD
- $750,000 settlement – motor vehicle accident requiring spinal surgery
- $460,000 verdict – Queens County surgical error medical malpractice case
- $725,000 settlement – child burned due to home heating company negligence
- $7.5 million settlement – worker fall from ladder at work, resulting in brain injury
Types of personal injury cases we represent
Our NYC & Long Island personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Car accidents – Hit and runs, motorcycle collisions, semi-truck crashes, SUV rollovers, uninsured/underinsured motorist accidents
- Medical malpractice – Birth injuries, surgical errors, brain injuries, emergency room mistakes, failure to diagnose, medication errors, cerebral palsy, hospital neglect
- Construction site accidents – Falls, scaffolding collapses, equipment malfunctions
- Slips, trips & falls – Private businesses, streets, sidewalks, parking lots
- Criminal defense – Drug offense and DWI convictions
- Admiralty & maritime law – Accidents that occur on navigable waters
- Defective drugs – Recalls, improper prescriptions, wrong dosages, interactions
- Defective products – Recalls, failure to meet safety standards, failure to warn
- Nursing home abuse – Bed sores, malnutrition, bruises, fractures, restraint, medication errors, verbal abuse, falls, unhygienic conditions, dehydration, infections, poor supervision
We can take on any type of personal injury case, so do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-469-7429 even if your particular issue has not been listed here.
Types of bodily injuries in personal injury cases
Injuries may range from whiplash, bruises, broken bones and lacerations, to spinal cord injuries, paralysis, brain trauma and even death. We see burns, neck and back muscular injuries, dog bites, organ perforations, illnesses, diseases, permanent disabilities, concussions, infections and more.
No injury is too big or too small to be considered by our personal injury attorneys. We will listen to your story with care and compassion to determine whether we can help you win your case or not.
Determining liability in the state of New York
You can still collect for damages even if your carelessness partly caused your injury. In that case, the sum may be slightly lower, but those mostly responsible will still be held liable. The judge also considers the extent of injuries and the cost of medical bills.
There are basic tenets of reason that judges adhere to. For instance, it is a property owner’s responsibility to keep the premises reasonably free from danger such as ice, cracks in the sidewalk, and debris. It is the responsibility of medical staff to provide the widely accepted “standard of care” for all patients. It is an employer’s responsibility to ensure that OSHA standards are enforced in the workplace. Drug and medical device manufacturers must conduct proper safety testing before releasing a product to market.
All of these basic understandings can help us create an argument that can win you compensation for your injuries. Even if you have collected worker’s comp or filed an auto insurance claim, you may still file a personal injury lawsuit in New York to cover more of your expenses.
Damages awarded in Long Island personal injury lawsuits
If you have been injured, your NY personal injury lawyer can pursue compensation to cover:
- Past and future medical treatments
- Lost income & loss of earning capacity
- Fair market value for property damage
- Pain and suffering during and following the accident
- Emotional distress such as fear, anxiety and sleep loss
- Loss of enjoyment & the inability to participate in hobbies or recreation
- Loss of consortium & companionship
- Wrongful death to pay for economic and non-economic expenses
- Punitive damages to punish willfully negligent parties
- Interest & attorney fees
Find a personal injury lawyer Long Island counts on
Here at Edelman, Krasin & Jaye, we understand just how disruptive and life-changing an injury can be. Let our experienced and friendly personal injury attorneys in New York secure compensation to cover your medical and other expenses, so you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
Call 1-800-469-7429 to schedule an initial consultation with an injury attorney NYC & Long Island trusts. We take evening and weekend appointments upon request. We also offer house calls if you cannot travel due to the extent of your injuries.
- DMV – When To Cover Personal Injury With Auto Insurance, http://www.dmv.org/insurance/when-to-cover-personal-injury-with-auto-insurance.php
- New York City Bar – A Guide To Worker’s Compensation, http://www2.nycbar.org/Publications/WorksCompensation.htm