Personal Injury Lawsuits on Long Island
At Edelman, Krasin & Jaye, we have successfully represented plaintiffs in personal injury lawsuits in Suffolk County, Nassau County, as well as all 5 boroughs of NYC since 1952. Suffering severe injuries due to the negligence of others can be emotionally traumatic, physically devastating and a financial disaster. Medical bills quickly mount. If you miss enough work, you risk losing your job and your ability to support your family. A permanent loss of physical ability not only impacts what you can do, but how you feel about yourself.
New York injury lawsuits
You may feel your case is very simple or you may be desperate to settle quickly due to financial burdens, but don’t let this cloud your judgment. Contact our Long Island personal injury attorneys before making statements to, or cooperating with, insurance companies.
Your case may have more legal issues and involve more parties than you imagine. The insurance companies aren’t looking out for your rights. They want a quick settlement for as little money as possible. Giving in early, without fully understanding your rights and potential options for recovery, could be a huge financial mistake.
If you or someone you care about has suffered injury due to the actions or omissions of others in the New York area, we have the resources and experience to help. We understand your situation, the issues you face and the obstacles you need to overcome. Over the years, we’ve helped hundreds of people just like you successfully recover just compensation in NY personal injury lawsuits.
We will handle the insurance companies and legal proceedings, so you can focus on recovery and getting back to work and supporting your family. We will try to negotiate a fair settlement for you, but if the defendants won’t be reasonable, we can and will litigate your case and zealously defend your rights to be fairly compensated for the injuries and losses you have incurred.
Our track record speaks for itself
A few of the many successful verdicts and settlements that Edelman, Krasin & Jaye has secured for our clients include:
- A 40-year-old Bronx deliveryman became permanently disabled when he tripped over a box, suffered elbow fractures, required two surgeries, suffered depression and significant psychiatric injury. The verdict was in plaintiff’s favor for $3,000,000.
- A 37-year-old worker in Queens County was killed opening a trench in the street when he hit an unmarked underground electrical line and was electrocuted. A wrongful death lawsuit was brought on behalf of his family against multiple defendants. The plaintiff was awarded $1,400,000.
- Because of an unsafe workplace in Suffolk County, a worker fell off a ladder, suffering a traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures requiring several surgeries. We reached a $7,500,000 structured settlement to help the client recover and have his needs met.
Each personal injury case is unique, and while we cannot guarantee similar success for all clients, we can ensure you’ll receive unwavering advocacy and prompt, personal and professional service.
We help clients in a wide range of cases
Edelman, Krasin & Jaye represents clients who have been injured in New York City or Long Island.
Typically, personal injury claims stem from:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We represent those injured due to accidents involving automobiles, taxis, trucks, motorcycles and bicycles. These cases often entail more than meets the eye. While you may only see the other driver as the one causing your injuries, there may be other responsible parties. If that driver was intoxicated or impaired, whoever served him alcohol may share responsibility. If the road was poorly maintained, or if a defective part on the other car played a role in the accident, other parties could be named in a car accident lawsuit.
- Premises liability: If a hazardous condition at someone else’s premises lead to your injury, our slip and fall lawyers will determine if the property’s owner or manager were negligent and failed to use reasonable care or created the unsafe condition. Such injuries can occur on sidewalks, commercial buildings, apartment complexes, construction sites and mass transit. Depending on the circumstances, if you’ve been the victim of an attack by a vicious dog, or the victim of a crime in a location the owner should’ve made much safer, you may also have rights to recovery.
- Construction accidents: Injuries sustained in crane, forklift and scaffolding accidents in New York are common at construction and warehouse sites. Compensation may be available for injuries that occurred on a construction site, whether you were employed there or were visiting for personal or business reasons. Workers compensation may be involved, and you may have legal claims against the site owner due to premises liability or have a claim against a contractor due to dangerous conditions the site created.
- Product liability: If you’ve been harmed by a defective or dangerous product, you may have legal rights to compensation. Such products could include medical devices, prescription medications, tools or other consumer products. If a manufacturer places a defective product on the market that causes serious or unexpected side effects or complications, that company could be held liable for damages.
Filing a personal injury claim in Nassau or Suffolk County
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the negligence of another, the Long Island personal injury lawyers at Edelman, Krasin & Jaye firm can maximize the value of your case and serve all of your legal needs.
We are only satisfied when your expectations are met or exceeded, and justice is served. From initial consultation through investigation, settlement negotiations through trial, each step of the process is executed with our singular purpose: our CLIENT’S success is OUR success!
To learn more about filing a personal injury lawsuit on Long Island, or in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island or the Bronx, please call us toll-free for a free consultation with one of our attorneys.